Thursday, March 15, 2018

Signs of the Times

Whew — we blew through another blustery day! I hope that no one lost electricity this time. 

Before yesterday, the last extremely windy day we endured was Friday, March 2. 

On Monday, March 4, one the Olney-Brookeville Exchange writer asked, “What happened to the Sherwood sign at the intersection? The frame is out and bent and the sign itself is pushed in. Was it a car, vandalism or the wind?”

Another writer quickly responded, “Don’t you think wind? Nothing else around it is damaged.”

Maybe nothing around the sign was damaged, but plenty of branches and debris were scattered on roads around Olney.

Sure enough, when I stopped at the Georgia Avenue-Route 108 traffic light, I saw this:
Indeed, wind was the winner.

Look at this poor sign from the sides!
Not far south of Olney on Georgia Avenue, I recently did a double-take when I saw this:
Was this gas price for regular gas too good to be true? Did the wind have something to do with the missing numbers? Probably not–the wind couldn’t have blown off the numbers because the sign is electric. Or maybe the sign just has a glitch on its own.

Darn, I wish my car used regular gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment