Monday, September 27, 2010

Two Housewives on a Power Walk

Wendy and Kelly are on a morning power walk when Kelly says, "I hate going to the grocery store."
Wendy sympathizes, "I know everything is so expensive and I never know what to buy."
Kelly, "It's not that, Olney is such a small town I always run in to someone and a quick trip becomes an hour long discussion."
Wendy, "That's what you get when you know everyone in town."
Kelly, "I know, but I don't like having to hide behind a display to avoid someone."
Wendy giggled, "Who were you hiding from?"
Kelly, "Sally, I saw her come in and I quickly turned down an aisle so she wouldn't see me. She is recruiting volunteers for Field of Screams."
Wendy, "I know I already signed up to help with concessions."
Kelly sarcastically replied, "Well good for you!"
Wendy, "Hey, you can always do what Nancy Reagan taught us Just Say No."
Kelly, "I know. Just explain to me how for the 'Real Housewives' on Bravo volunteering means getting dressed up, having your hair and make-up done and going to gala events with your gay husbands. For me it means standing in some cold concession booth, taking money from a bunch of giggling tweens."
Wendy, "If our volunteering was like that we could get Patty to help out."
Kelly, "Well they got me."
Wendy asked, "What do you mean 'they got you'?"
Kelly, "While I was dodging Sally I literally ran right into Valerie."
Wendy started laughing, "Oh no, she probably signed you up for 3 other things."
Kelly, "She tried, but I said I could only do one, and with Sally standing there I agreed to work concessions at Field of Screams."
Wendy, "Oh come on, you know we always make it fun."
Kelly, "I know, but it's in my DNA to complain about something."
As they got closer to Kelly's house, she said, "I'm going to start going to the Harris Teeter in Fulton, it will probably be quicker and I won't know anyone."
Wendy said, "Fat chance, you know someone everywhere."
As Kelly turned up her driveway she said, "Same time next week?"
Wendy who had already picked up the pace and had her cell phone out yelled over her shoulder, "Absolutely."

No comments:

Post a Comment