Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Alive!

One recent sunny afternoon, my friend and I were power-walking and enjoying our neighbors' creative and Halloween decorations a neighbor and I passed an elaborately adorned yard with pumpkins on the stoop, ghosts in the trees, and ghoulish shapes in the yard. Suddenly, we heard a voice and spotted movement among the decorations! A grandmotherly figure stood up to greet us, "Hello there!"

"Aaa!" my neighbor startled and chuckled nervously. "I thought you were part of the decorations."

The grandmother looked down at her clothing and laughed. "Hey, I guess you are right! I do blend in." She happened to be wearing an orange sweatshirt and black pants; she was just sunning herself on a chair in the middle of the yard while watching her grandchildren play.

No comments:

Post a Comment