Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Old Fish in the Creek

Today while hiking through Olney Mill Park I came across two treats. One was the return of what my husband and daughter lovingly call, the "ghost fish" or as I like to call him the "old man in the sea." It's the same orange and silver carp type fish that we see season after season swimming in the "pond" in this park. Against my wishes, my husband and daughter have tried to hook this old guy numerous times but he has always alluded them. Ergo the name, "ghost fish." Even though there's barely any water in there and he's alone, he always seems to endure. Good for him!

The second treat was all of the new landscaping that the MC Park Service has presumably done to sustain and beautify that park area. There's a new trail and lots of new plantings. It's quite a pleasant surprise so go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment