Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Signage Sport

Anyone driving around town can't miss the plentiful signs along roads hawking handyman services, sports classes, high school shows and more. Although I’ve posted signs only a few times, I quickly learned that signage placement is a competitive sport.

For example, one time I dodged Georgia Avenue traffic to reach the center island, waded through waist-high weeds and endured winds whipped up by cars whooshing by in order to place my sign in the perfect place ... only to find three other signs already planted in the prized, most visible spot. Another time when I actually claimed prime real estate by a traffic light intersection (where drivers can't help but read signs even if they don't want to), the next day I drove back there only to see that four more signs sprouted up around of my sign, blocking it from view! 

No matter where a lucky marketer sticks his or her sign, nothing can beat the most eye-catching sign. Of all the signs I’ve seen so far, I think this is the winner.



Who could miss this neon pink sign with adorable white eyeballs peeking over it?  I remember where I was (the Georgia Avenue-Route 108 intersection traffic light) and what the sign was for (a yard sale). I even looked at it long enough to read the time and place. Now that’s what I call eye-catching advertising!


No comments:

Post a Comment