Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree...





You know holiday time has arrived when Christmas trees lots sprout up everywhere: at Good Earth Garden Market, St. John’s Episcopal Church, and even Rite Aid to name a few. Every morning on my way to Sherwood High School, I drive past Christopher's Hardware store. One day I spotted a sign for “Fraser Fir” and did a double take! Most places carry only Douglas firs (the traditional Christmas tree) but I was excited to see the nontraditional “Fraser Fir” because it made me think of the 1990’s comedy classic "Frasier"

Okay, I’m off by one letter (Fraser vs. Frasier) but each time I pass the sign, I hear Kelsey Grammar crooning "Hey baby I hear the blues a-callin, Tossed salads and scrambled eggs!”

I love seeing people hauling around trees atop their cars. So what if we live in the suburbs and these trees are found not in the woods but in a parking lot of pre-cut foliage? One day while stopped at the traffic light intersection of Georgia Avenue and Route 108, I glanced up and spotted this festive, unique and nontraditional version of the "tree atop car" tableau.

No comments:

Post a Comment