Friday, December 11, 2015

Sharing The Journey

What happens when 20 ladies assemble in a room and exchange notes on how to take care of themselves? A feeling of camaraderie surfaces, just as bread quickly rises when it's baking with all the right ingredients. I felt this sense of companionship when fellow Olney neighbors and friends came together to learn how therapeutic-grade, pure essential oils could help us take better control of our well-being.  
There were “oooh’s” and “ahhh’s” as a bottle of lavender was passed around for everyone to smell. As we inhaled the vapors, a sense of relaxation took over, and some ladies sunk deeper into their chairs. Then came peppermint, and all of a sudden, we perked up, giggled, and were ready to plunge forward! I thought it to be most interesting that everyone had similar reactions. And why wouldn’t we? Many of us share the same experiences as we juggle home, work, kids, family - and health. 
I came out of the class knowing that whether we used essential oils or not, I was empowered with tools to help me make decisions about my health, big or small. As I shared worries and concerns with other participants, I realized that we’re all in the same boat, but that sharing the journey can make it easier on each of us.  

1 comment:

  1. The lavender field looks so relaxing -- the scent must be too!

    ReplyDelete