Thursday, May 12, 2016

Man's Best Friend Behind the Wheel


During the winter, I trudged through the Giant parking lot, pushing a cart of groceries when I suddenly did a double-take: I spotted this calm canine sitting in the driver's seat of a car. Normally I worry about dogs in cars but that morning, the temperatures were still in the 30's so I felt the pup was safe. Instead, I marveled at the familiarity of the dog's pose ...


... because this patient pooch reminded me of a parent waiting to pick up a kid from an activity -- an all-too-familiar scene here in Olney -- or of an empty-nester spouse waiting for his or her spouse to finish shopping. 

As I passed in front of the car, I saw the dog from a different angle -- he looked like he was actually driving the car! Like most humans, though, this canine looked a bit weary of endless carpools, pick-ups and drop-offs. I could almost hear him, "Ruff! Okay, where to next?"



No comments:

Post a Comment