Friday, July 29, 2016

Joys of Anonymous Online Shopping and Shipping

Since Olney doesn't have a mall, online shopping can be blessing. As a surprise, my husband ordered me a pair black dress pumps from Nordstrom. Unsure of my size, he snooped around in our closet and guestimated what size to order. 


A week later I opened the package, delighted to find the new pumps ...  which were a half size too small. The package had free return shipping, so all I needed to do was repack the shoes, attach the enclosed prepaid, pre-addressed UPS form and drop it off at the UPS store by Rite Aid here in Olney.

"You don't have to do that," my husband said. "I can return them to Nordstorm at Montgomery Mall on my way to work."

"No, that's okay -- the UPS store is convenient here in town," I replied.

My husband thought for a moment and then nodded. "True. Plus what would salespeople think about a middle-aged man returning a pair of ladies' evening pumps?"

"Just tell them that the shoes were too small," I laughed. "They can guess too small for whom."



No comments:

Post a Comment