Saturday, December 24, 2016

Autocorrection Holiday Humor

The Sandy Spring Volunteer Fire Department truck with Santa brings everyone holiday cheer. Bonus merriment came courtesy of Christy Darrington on the Olney-Brookeville Exchange. While searching for Santa, she wrote, "We looked at the [Santa Truck] schedule -- f*** curious if anyone on here just had him visit recently?"


I read the message and thought, 'Huh? Did she just say what I thought?'

Another OBXer replied, "He came by McDuff and Cherrywood and Bar Harbor Place. What’s with the bad language?"

Christy sheepishly answered, "am SO sorry for the typo! I was voice texting/emailing... should have edited my email…!"

I (and at least one other OBXer) figured that the word "just" was autocorrected into "f***" and could not stop laughing. Others enjoyed many guffaws and shared similar autocorrect mishaps, like "My mom had the same thing happen today in a text to me, but let's just say it autocorrected to a certain part of the male body" and "I had autocorrect change 'asked' to 'died' ... Needless to say it prompted some strange responses!"

Have you experienced any embarrassing and funny autocorrections? If so, we'd love to hear them! Please write them in the comments box below. Spread the joy and Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. I was texting my cousin to let her know when we would arrive at a restaurant and Autocorrect didn't recognize "GPS." The result: instead of "GPS says we will arrive at 5:32" it said "God says we will arrive at 5:32." I was laughing so hard that I couldn't tell my husband why for about 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister-in-law was talk/texting with her husband and said, "Duh!". Her message autocorrected to "Doug". Her husband suspiciously asked, "Hey -- who is Doug?!" Obviously her husband is NOT Doug.

    ReplyDelete