Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How Hard Is It to Remember Your Reusable Bags?


Apparently, very hard. Several times a week I go to the supermarket (any one of the dozen in Olney). I tuck my resusable bags nicely in their place in the car. I look over at them lovingly while I'm driving. I park my car. I walk in. I shop. I walk out. I open my trunk to install my groceries, and what do I find? My beautiful reusable bags sitting helplessly in their place!!! This is ridiculous! I'm smart. I'm educated. I can juggle work and family. Surely I can remember to bring in my reusable bags!!! I even get a cost savings for using my bags! Alas, I have failed miserably at this. I don't know what it's going to take for me to remember. Perhaps I can suggest to the new Harris Teeter that they put up a really big sign above their door, "REMEMBER YOUR REUSABLE BAGS."

2 comments:

  1. It took me a while too, but once your brain is "trained", you won't forget anymore! I've even been known to go back to my car to get them, rather than take plastic out of the store...but then again, I'm VERY stubborn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this errors sooo many times too! I've declined a paper/plastic bag and carried the merchandise to my car. The only trick that has worked sometimes for me is keeping a reusable bag on the front passenger seat under my purse.... and then, to my chagrin, after I go into the store and reach the cash register, I realize that I left the bag in the car!

    ReplyDelete