Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A California Tortilla Breakfast

California Tortilla must really miss me. They sent me an email to prove it. Hey Rich, we haven't seen you in awhile. Come around and we'll give you a free taco. Can't beat that. So, I went out with the girls after we made a trip to the Maxx- just to look around. The girls reminded me that I did not need another pair of Timberland sunglasses. And I reminded them they did not need another pony/kitty/jungle/ in my pocket toy. Then, it was off to Cali Tort. It was packed and as we considered what to get I also wondered where we'd sit. I usually get the nacho chili bowl with the chips and queso combo. But lo, it was not on the menu. I asked if they still had it and was told they could make me one. Great, hold the jalapenos. Hand over my burrito card for the points and I'm told that I get the free taco, what kind would you like? Um... I went with beef. The first born daughter asked if we're getting it to go. No, we'll find a place even if we have to sit outside. And look, a table opened up for us. Nab it and get our drinks. They call our number and there's our food. I forget how filling the chips, shots of Cherry Coke, and oh yeah, a chili bowl can be. There sat the poor uneaten taco. Time to look good to the wifey. Text- Got a free taco, want it? I could drop it off at her office- conveniently in Olney. No thanks, she texts back. I'm already eating. Well, this baby isn't going to waste. I mean my father was way into us cleaning our plates to the extent of posting a picture in our dining room of a starving kid with a swollen belly. So, I wrapped it up and took it home. The next morning, looking for something to eat for breakfast, I remembered the taco wrapped up in its foil and transported home in the empty chips bag. I think I dreamt about having it for breakfast last night. Twenty seconds nuked away and it was good to go. Taco for breakfast? the wifey asks. I can't even watch you eat that. Sure, why not. I'm a guy, we eat cold pizza, Chinese leftovers (come on, don't we?) for breakfast.
It's all good and I wash it down with sips of Cherry coke, because, of course I had to refill it before I left Cali Tort. Maybe next summer, it will be a Chipotle breakfast...

1 comment:

  1. hey, taco breakfast sounds good to me! (well, except for the "beef" part, but that's the vegetarian talking...)

    ReplyDelete