Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tight Squeeze

It was my turn to provide dinner. I say provide since I rarely cook. And it should have been simple since all I had to do was pick up Subway and bring it to the end of year picnic at my daughters' school. I knew parking was tight at the now Fair Hills center where the new Harris Tweeter is being constructed. And I, with my poor depth perception struggle to park in tight places. I can barely parallel park. I considered parking in the back where Goodyear tires is located. It would have been much easier. Instead, I decided to squeeze my old Sable in the lot where apparently, you can still park. It was tight and I managed to park my car after looking for the widest space available. Good thing it was just me and the kids were not with me since I was muttering "bleeps" under my breath. Upon entering, I saw another parent from the school with her three daughters. Her youngest was wailing and I had to ask "How's it going?" She honestly replied, "It could be better." Right, I thought, and I thought I had it bad just parking. Subs in tow, now I had to make it out. This is where I back up careful not to hit the cars I'm parked between. Inch back, swing to the right. No too close pull back in, inch back, no too close. Am I going to scrape that car? Please don't let anyone be watching. I sheepishly made my way out after working up a sweat. Then, I saw the same parent easily maneuver her SUV out. I think I will start parking in the back. How much longer until the parking lot is fully restored?

1 comment:

  1. Funny and unfortunately my kids know *bleep* words from my mumblings (even just now they are arguing as I type and parroting some of the more benign but not-nice words I've uttered).

    ReplyDelete