Friday, October 22, 2010

Multitasking in the Shower

A friend (J) and I were admiring the recently renovated bathroom of another friend (K). Peeking at K's newly tiled shower, J spotted a small recessed square in the wall opposite of the shower head. She exclaimed, "A shelf for shampoo! I had one put in too! My husband joked that it was a beer shelf, not a shampoo shelf."

That little alcove is such a clever use of space for storing small items, I thought. Then I noticed a triangular slab of marble protruding from the stall's corner. A bench! You can sit down while washing, I mused.

Imagine swigging a beer while taking a load off of your feet, all under massaging jets of hot water. K's shower stall beats Kramer's shower in "The Apology" Seinfeld episode. Sure, he may have tossed a salad in his shower equipped with a garbage disposal, but could he put up his feet and have a drink? Okay, the shelf is really for shampoo...


2 comments:

  1. hee hee! can't wait to wash my hair and have a cocktail at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer is good for your hair -- so why not shampoo and drink with the same beverage?

    ReplyDelete