Friday, May 27, 2011

One with Nature...



Well, not really. But one of the things I discovered when I started working (or not working) from home was that I noticed the nature around my house more. In a previous post from last spring, I wrote about my love-hate relationship with the voracious squirrels on my back patio who ate tree droppings with wild abandon leaving a big mess that I felt compelled to sweep off my patio daily (you'll recall the audacious squirrel that taunted me...). All I wanted was a patio free of tree droppings and leftovers. Was that so much to ask? But I digress.



This spring, I am celebrating renewal. First, Toady - the frog that likes to live under our barbeque grill has returned! We hadn't seen him this spring and were worried about his demise (Cocoa, our dog, is also glad to see Toady again). Second, a lone head of swiss chard has decided to return this season in the vegetable garden even though I left him and his brothers rotting last season after I discovered that I don't like to eat swiss chard (even if they do make a nice edge to a vegetable garden...). Finally, after 3 growing seasons, that grape plant and blueberry plant I had no business impulse buying at Good Earth are budding with fruit!!!! Imagine, grapes and blueberries in my own garden! Oh Mother Nature, please let them ripen on the vine and be sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment