Tuesday, October 27, 2015

This Won't Make You Want a Flu Shot ...

During my weekly grocery trip to socialize shop at Giant, I overheard a customer at the flu shot clinic gently rib the pharmacist, “It’s probably not a good idea to give out pens with the word ‘hearse’ on them to fill out flu shot forms.”

The pharmacist sheepishly smiled. “Oops – I didn’t realize the pen said ‘hearse’. Do you want another one?”

The customer replied good-naturedly, “Nah, it’s okay. I assume I won’t need one because of the shot.”

I wondered if the customer meant a pen or a hearse!

I also saw many people pushing carts with PILES of green Harris Teeter bags! Perhaps they all encountered the same HT representative at Olney Community Night that I did and like me, they couldn’t say no.


No comments:

Post a Comment