Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Transported to a different place

Today I took my daughters, their friend, and my niece to try out the new Sandy Spring Adventure Park. I only just learned about it from a confusing exchange on the OBX when I thought we were talking about the similarly new "Go Ape" place at Lake Needwood. Watching the girls traverse the ropes, bridges, and zip lines through the gangle of tall trees, I felt like I was transported to another place. They've done an amazing job with the Park. Just down the street from Olney, right off of Norwood Road, next to Sandy Spring Friends School -- you'd think you were in Costa Rica! (okay, maybe not). Interestingly, I happened to hear a woman who was there with her two kids negotiating with the Park manager for a special rate for home school kids. Wow! Climbing trees as part of your school day? I'm not telling my kids..

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know about the Sandy Spring Adventure Park or the "Go Ape" place at Lake Needwood! Cool -- I am glad I read this bog entry for another idea for outdoor fun.

    ReplyDelete