Sunday, December 20, 2015

Speed EnFORCEment Awakens

Remember how some speed cameras and their flash boxes looked like innocent beige birdhouses?

 Within the past month I noticed that the birdhouse speed cameras (one on eastbound Route 108 by Sherwood ES and another on northbound Georgia Ave/97 near The Inn at Brookeville Farms) have been replaced by new round white ones. As I drove past, I couldn’t help think that the new cameras remind me of something familiar… ah, stormtroopers! 




Last Friday -- coincidentally opening day of Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- I discovered that the this area’s last old birdhouse speed camera (on westbound Route 108 by Sherwood ES) was being replaced by the newer stroomtrooper model.


So although Olney 9 Cinemas are no longer around, our town can still celebrate the long-awaited movie with the installation of mini-storm troopers guarding our roads.  May the Force (of knowing when to slow down) be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment