Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tube Dude

I love living in a small town where folks gather to celebrate local activities and businesses. Last week's Olney Community Night offered plenty of fun demonstrations as well as vendors for kids and adults -- thank you for the free samples, Olney Winery! Remember all the food and activities at last year’s Olney Community Night

Before Olney Community Night, the most recent town event I had enjoyed was National Night Out in August. What immediately drew my attention was not the crowd or fire truck or spraying hoses ...  but the glorious pink Air Dancer! Olney may be small, but not too small for a gigantic, undulating tube dude.




I've see these towering inflatables in Rockville or larger towns, but now we have them! Okay, so these tube dudes are only on the ATM screen at Bank of America's Olney branch.





But a real Air Dancer in the Fairhill Shopping Center parking lot meant that Olney made the big time, at least for one night.




That image inspired my second Modern Family moment in Olney.  Unlike any of my ten past Seinfeld-Olney moments, it reminded me of Phil and Gloria moving like Olney's Air Dancers. Check out this video (sign in) and scroll to 13 seconds in.


No comments:

Post a Comment