Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Excellent Early Voting

OBXers have reported positive Early Voting experiences and I have to agree. Montgomery County’s Early Voting Centers are open until 8pm tonight and 8am-8pm tomorrow. Check addresses and wait times of the ten Early Voting Centers before leaving your home or office; wait times are updated in real time at www.777vote.org.

This afternoon, I went to the Rockville Early Voting Center because I was already running errands around there. While parking at the Jefferson/Monroe Street garage, I spied an SUV with an oval black and white OES car magnet. I peeked closer to confirm "Olney Elementary School". Yay - we Olney residents are everywhere!

Many people were already filling out their ballets at the Early Voting Center but I experienced no wait. The friendly, efficient election workers ushered voters through the process. Before leaving, I received an oval "I Voted" sticker to give to parking garage attendant … because the first hour of parking is free for voters.Image result for i voted sticker

Without thinking, I proudly stuck the sticker over a chocolate stain on my shirt. While driving up to the exit gate, however, I realized my mistake. I actually pondered paying a dollar for parking just to keep the “I Voted” sticker. I sheepishly offered to take the sticker off my shirt but the kind attendant had me write my name and “I voted” on the ticket instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment